It’s that time of year…a time full of family and friends, food and parties, travel and gifts. Oh the gifts…while I enjoying shopping and gift giving, unfortunately the sky is not the limit when it comes to holiday expenses. So it’s important to me and my family to stay on track financially while buying meaningful gifts and spending our time with those who matter most during the holidays.
A few budget friendly gift ideas…
Our family was gifted this game last Christmas and it’s so much fun. We play it at almost every get together now, it’s for ages 8+ but adults go crazy for it!
I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a toy that makes kids think, LEGOS are all about critical thinking skills and are perfect for boys and girls.
I just came across this recently and I’m putting this on my Christmas list. A lightweight, flexible tripod that will hold your regular camera and you can get attachments for your DSLR and even phone!
Here are a few resources to keep in mind when planning your holiday this year:
- A holiday budget spreadsheet from Mommy Savers
- 12 Days of Fun & Budget Friendly Christmas Activities from Family Balance Sheet
- How to Host a Holiday Cookie Exchange from Simply Gloria
- Budget Friendly Holiday Travel Tips from Good Housekeeping
- H&R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit
Yes, that’s right. I included H&R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit in my list of resources. If you need a little extra $$ this season or if you want to be prepared for the unexpected, H&R Block has your back. Here’s what you need to know about The Emerald Advance Line of Credit:
- H&R Block will begin accepting applications in offices November 25th so call to set up your appointment today!
- All you need to apply is an unexpired government-issued photo ID and your most recent pay stub (no W2 form required!)
- You don’t already need to be an H&R Block client to apply
- The Emerald Advance is a line of credit you can draw from as you need it. You can use it year-round for unexpected expenses and other short-term credit needs. It’s that easy!
H&R Block has been gracious to provide a Crumbs and Chaos reader with a $300 gift card (you can spend it like cash) toward your holiday needs this year. Enter using the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- H&R Block has asked me to help promote the Emerald Advance Line of Credit. I have been compensated for my time. This gift list in this post contains affiliate links. The prize was provided and may be shipped to the winner by H&R Block, but all opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of H&R Block. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random.