Growing up whenever my dad made cookies he would add a little something extra, either in the form of a chip or a nut. But RARELY was it chocolate chips. He’s just not a huge chocolate fan. Usually it was walnuts or butterscotch chips. So Oatmeal Scotchies were a cookie that we had quite often. I always loved the butterscotch flavor that was added to the soft oatmeal cookie. Recently when looking around on pinterest I saw these Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies. They were just like I remember from childhood with the added goodness of pumpkin. I figured I couldn’t go wrong and that was correct. The pumpkin kept them soft and moist and the combo of pumpkin and butterscotch was outstanding. They made about 4 dozen, so they are perfect for a class treat or party.
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1 cup BUTTER, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup SUGAR
- 3/4 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 2 EGGS
- 1 cup PUMPKIN PUREE
- 1 Tablespoon VANILLA
- 3 cups OATMEAL, I used old fashioned oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon in small bowl. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oatmeal and butterscotch chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for approx. 9 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes before you remove to wire racks to cool completely. ENJOY!
Recipe Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet says
Must make these!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Less Laundry, More Linking #13
Yvonne @ bitter baker says
Mmm, these look crazy good! Don’t have to force me to eat anything with pumpkin or oatmeal in it 🙂
Yvonne @ bitter baker recently posted..Coffee ice cream blackberry meringue cake and Laughing Man Coffee Giveaway
These look great! Not too cakey. I may have to try them with chocolate chips…
Julia recently posted..Pineapple Almond Muffins