I have completed my second Kraft Fresh Take meal challenge and I’m excited to share the results with you today. Before we get into that, let’s review my first challenge where I took the Spicy Chipotle variety of Fresh Take and made Spicy Chicken & Bacon Sandwiches with Buttermilk Cilantro Slaw. I was challenged to use my Fresh Take variety in a sandwich with BBQ side sauce flair and serve one of my favorite veggies as a side.
For my second challenge I took you to shop along with me as I went to Kroger and got what I needed to make a fresh and flavorful meal using Kraft Fresh Take. Here are the details of today’s challenge:
1) Must include one protein other than chicken
2) Incorporate your favorite fruit into the meal
3) Create a side salad that can be prepared in under 10 minutes
I knew right away that I wanted to use tilapia, it’s a family favorite around here and I’m always looking for new ways to add it to the menu. I’m head over heels in love with raspberries, so that was my fruit of choice for this challenge. The side salad part took a little longer to figure out, but what it turned into was amazingly fresh and delicious.
May I introduce the Chipotle Crusted Tilapia Tostada with Raspberry Salsa? A fresh, new take on your average tostada, taken to another level by Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar variety. For real, this is a meal you really can’t miss…a crisp tostada shell, spread with a layer of refried beans and sprinkled with shredded cheese, topped with Chipotle Crusted Tilapia, garnished with lettuce and drizzled with Raspberry Salsa. Seriously, if you aren’t drooling by now, you must not like fish (you could easily use chicken) or Mexican food (can’t really help you there).
The side dish that I prepared with this main dish was so easy and it really hit the spot. An Avocado Confetti Salad was the perfect complement to these tostadas. By confetti salad, I mean a bunch of fresh veggies chopped and tossed with cilantro and lime juice – told you it was easy.
Below is the step by step for preparing the star of the show – the tilapia – using Kraft Fresh Take. It’s convenient and takes the guess work out of spicing things up, which by the way isn’t too spicy at all, my kids love it.
1. Make sure your fish is thawed and your Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar Cheese & Breadcrumb Mix is ready and waiting.
2. Cut each piece of fish into equal size strips.
3. Open the Fresh Take, there will be spices and breadcrumbs on one side and cheese on the other.
4. Pull apart the center seal to make one big bag.
5. Mix well to combine both sides.
6. Beat two eggs in a shallow dish. Dip each fish strip in the egg and then in the Fresh Take mixture.
7. Place on baking sheet, repeat with remaining fish. You can press any remaining breadcrumb mixture onto the tops of the fish strips.
Bake 13-15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the Avocado Confetti Salad. When fish is baked, assemble tostadas.
Fine Print: I have partnered with Kraft Foods to create recipes using Fresh Take and have been compensated for my time. As always, I have told you what I really think of it!
This post may be linked to Show Me Your Plaid Mondays, Mealtime Monday, Sugar and Slice Sunday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Mop It Up Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Time to Sparkle, Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuesday, What’s In Your Kitchen Wednesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Show & Share Wednesday,Taste and Tell Thursdays, Your Creative Timeout, Thursdays Treasures, Artsy Corner, Chic & Crafty Party, What’s Shakin’, Weekend Potluck, I’m Lovin’ It