Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!! In honor of this special day of LOVE!! I am going to share something I love (and have not made in quite a while)….. DONUTS!!! While I love donut flavors of all kinds, sometimes you just want a plain ole’ vanilla flavored donut. To make them a little more festive, we choose a beautiful pink frosting made with strawberries. They looked lovely and tasted equally delicious! I think it would be really good to make this frosting with raspberries instead of strawberries or putting the strawberry frosting on a chocolate donut. They would make a LOVE-ly breakfast treat anytime of the year!!
- 1 cup FLOUR
- 1/2 cup SUGAR
- 1 1/2 teaspoons BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1/4 teaspoon NUTMEG
- 1/2 cup BUTTERMILK
- 4 Tablespoons BUTTER, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1 Egg
- 4 STRAWBERRIES
- 1 Tablespoon STRAWBERRY JAM
- 1 Tablespoon MILK (or half and half)
- 2 cups POWDERED SUGAR, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray donut plans with cooking spray. In a medium bowl stir all dry ingredients until combined. In a large bowl, mix butter, buttermilk, and vanilla. When combined, whisk in egg. Slowly add dry ingredients and stir until blended. Place batter in a large ziploc bag and pipe into prepared donut pans. Bake 8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool before frosting.
- Slice strawberries and puree with jam. Mix in milk. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Spread on cooled donuts. ENJOY!
Donut Recipe adapted from What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine
Frosting Recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Love that you use fresh strawberries in the frosting! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Raspberry White Chocolate Streusel Bars