We’re already a month into the new year – 2013, one down eleven to go. And I’m sure for many of us those New Year’s Resolutions are a thing of the past. I’ve been inspired to take 5 small (baby) steps toward a healthier lifestyle. Today I’m going to share those 5 steps and challenge YOU to get on board too.
1) eat a sensible breakfast – For me, eating a breakfast with some protein and fiber (instead of yesterday’s blog post!) gets my day off to a way better start. I feel better and I know that I make better food decisions the rest of the day
2) drink MORE water – I keep busy at home with my kids and a lot of times I forget to drink water. One of the things I really want to focus on is keeping myself well hydrated, especially when the winter air is so dry. I know my skin will thank me later!
3) get moving – Making time during the day to get outside with the kids (yes, even in the snow) or find active things to do inside is beneficial for everyone in our house, we don’t get so restless.
4) rest up – This is harder than you think, my husband is a night owl so we love to watch TV shows after the kids go to bed and it’s sometimes difficult to pull myself away and get a good night’s sleep. But I feel so much better the next day when I do.
5) snack right – We are a family of snackers, making the conscience effort to ensure that the snacks we consume are nutritious and worthwhile is something that I think about often.
The newest addition to our snack stash is Quaker Popped (formerly know as Quaker Quakes) These little bite sized snacks are made with whole grain brown rice and corn and popped, not fried. The best part – there are 14 different flavors, enough to please everyone – Apple Cinnamon, BBQ, Caramel Corn, Cheddar Cheese, Chocolate, Kettle Corn, Ranch, Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Sour Cream & Onion, Sweet Chili, Tomato Basil and Vanilla Creme Brulee. There are also two other flavors found exclusively at Walmart – Chipotle Cheddar and Sweet & Salty Mix. Our favorites were cheddar cheese, chocolate and the vanilla creme brulee. These are an ideal snacking solution. I love the fact that there are sweet and savory options for whatever kind of mood you are in!
Also, new from Quaker are Quaker Popped Chips, hummus popped chips. These are so flavorful and perfect for when you want a really crunchy snack. I love having snack options that are healthy and easy to take on the go.
Quaker® Quakes® are now Quaker® PoppedTM – a new name for the snack made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn and a great snacking solution.
Reply below for your chance to win a sample of all 14 flavors of Quaker Popped Rice Snacks and $1,000 gift card to help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. I received product in conjunction with this post. The opinions and text are all mine. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Official Sweepstakes Rules