Cold winter, busy days, the longing for a comforting meal…’tis the season. The good news is that help is not far off. Campbell’s Kitchen is home to the brands that you know and love and is loaded with recipes to help get dinner done. In fact, they have over 3000 recipes there to appease every taste, lifestyle, budget and schedule. Can you say one stop shop?
After perusing the website, I decided to try a slow cooker chowder, perfect for the chill of winter. This bowl of goodness has a lot going on…tender chunks of chicken, sweet bits of corn, tons of flavor from the poblano chile peppers and chorizo sausage and fresh cilantro stirred in before serving. I did try to rush the slow cooking a little bit by kicking the heat up to high and when everything else was cooked the potatoes weren’t quite done to my liking. But that didn’t break the deal for me, it was an amazing crock pot full of soup…enough to have lunch all week long.
Next time you need a satisfying meal, one that can be made with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand, make Campbell’s Kitchen your first stop. There you will find recipes for entertaining, those categorized by your favorite Campbell’s Brand, even cooking and healthy eating tips.
- 4 cups Swanson® CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 Tablespoon SUGAR
- 2 cans (about 14.5 ounces each) CREAM-STYLE CORN
- 1 large POTATO, diced (optional)
- 2 large POBLANO CHILES, seeded and diced
- 1 pkg (10 oz) FROZEN WHOLE KERNEL CORN, thawed
- 1 lb. BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST, cut into cubes (you could also use thighs)
- 1/2 lb. CHORIZO SAUSAGE
- 1 cup HALF & HALF or HEAVY CREAM
- 1/4 cup chopped FRESH CILANTRO
- In a skillet, brown chorizo. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Place chicken broth, sugar, corn, potato, poblanos, chicken and chorizo in a 5 or 6 qt. slow cooker. Stir together, cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, stir in half and half and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Source: Campbell’s Kitchen
Presented by Campbell’s Kitchen
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Yum! I love a good spicy soup and this looks amazing!!!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cranberry and Almond Puffed Wheat Bars
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
I love chorizo, and this chowder sounds amazing Becca!!! The spicier the better!
Aimee @ ShugarySweets recently posted..Cherry Vanilla Puppy Chow
The Contessa (Linda) says
This looks wonderful. I like it.
We are having a Super Bowl and Chili Party this week. This would classify as almost a chili in my books. We’d love it of you would drop by with the recipe. Some good giveaways and a Google Adword campaign going on too.
The Contessa (Linda) recently posted..Fusion 12 stürtzt immer ab