My family has a serious love for barbeque and we incorporate those flavors any chance we get into our food. When I came across this recipe over on Picky Palate I knew I had to try it. A year or so ago I tried BBQ pizza for the first time and I loved it. This has the same flavors and is healthier for you so, of course, I had to make it for my family. I served it with a huge salad with lots of veggies. You can add more barbeque sauce, ranch dressing or cheese on top. Enjoy this delicious soup on a cold winter day! I also love soup because you can have it for leftovers the next day and the soup usually tastes even better.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 11 oz. can corn with peppers, drained
- 2- 12 oz cans Swanson's Chicken, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- When hot, add onions and saute for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in garlic, corn and chicken; mix to combine.
- Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh cilantro.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe from Picky Palate.
This post is linked to Taste and Tell Thursdays, What’s Shakin’
BBQ chicken pizza is a favorite of ours. . .I’ll have to give this a try!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Yum! Great recipe! Look delish! Very creative!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..National Peanut Butter Day and a KIND Giveaway!
I am a bbq lover as well, and this definitely caught my eye! So much, in fact, that it is being shared as one of the featured recipes on Taste and Tell Thursdays this week. Thanks so much for sharing!!
Deborah recently posted..No Waste Menu Plan