My first baby is about to turn 6 this week!! I decided, for her Kindergarten class, to make a fun Thanksgiving treat! I went searching all over town for candy corn, everyone seemed to be out. After I finally found some I decided to try these Turkey treats. And….things didn’t quite go as planned. Luckily, my sister came to the rescue!!! She had just bought all the ingredients for these as well and after adjusting the direction a little, they turned out perfect!!!
So, this Thanksgiving I’m thankful for sisters who are always there for me when I need it most!!!
- Rice Krispy Treats prepared according to box instructions
- 1 package chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup candy corn
- White frosting
- Prepare one batch of rice krispy treats.
- Spread out on to a sheet pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Cut into 24 circles using a circle cookie cutter.
- Place chocolate chips and oil into a microwave safe container and microwave for 1 minute or until smooth. Stir after the first 30 seconds.
- Dip each circle halfway into the chocolate and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Next, dip the end of a piece of candy corn into the chocolate to "glue" on as the nose.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5 more minutes until the chocolate starts to harden.
- Lastly, place three candy corn on each circle for the feathers and finish with a dot of white frosting for each eye.
- Refrigerate overnight and place in an air tight container.
Printed from Crumbs and Chaos (www.crumbsandchaos.net)
These are so fun! What a great way to make the dessert table more festive!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Ahhhh, to adorable!! I love turkey treats! 🙂
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Fall Crisp & Happy Thanksgiving