When I was growing up, I despised all nuts except for peanuts. I’m not exactly sure where that aversion came from, but if it had nuts on it you could count me out. I would avoid brownies, cookies, candies and pie if they had so much as a speck of anything nutty involved.
Well now that I’m
a little more grown up, I’ve decided that nuts aren’t so bad…especially when pie crust is in the picture. My husband’s dessert of choice is pie, any kind will do. That’s why when he says this is the best pecan pie ever, you have to take his word for it.
The holidays are ripe with anticipation for the gathering of family and friends, ready to indulge in relaxing time together and gobs of delicious food. This is one of those things that will be making an appearance at our Thanksgiving table…a pie so sweet and delightful. This is the best pecan pie that I have ever had. And the beauty of it? It’s so stinkin’ easy, mix and pour and you’re ready to bake.
- 1 PIE CRUST (regular 9 inch)
- 1 cup SUGAR
- 3 Tablespoons BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 1 cup LIGHT CORN SYRUP
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/3 cup BUTTER, melted
- 3 EGGS, beaten
- 1 heaping cup CHOPPED PECANS
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pie crust and place in pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugars, salt, corn syrup, vanilla, butter and eggs until well combined.
- Place in an even layer in the bottom of the pie crust. Pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
- Put in oven, place a sheet of foil over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 more minutes. Pie is done when the center jiggles only slightly. Keep baking until this is the case. This could take up to an hour and 15 minutes. If it starts getting to dark on the top, lay foil back over pie and continue baking.
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman
“I’m joining TidyMom and Whirlpool for the 4th Annual Love the Pie Party and entered to win a new Whirlpool Gold® Induction Range“
Time for Pie:
Cinnamon Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Pecan pie could be my favorite dessert of all time, and probably the very best Thanksgiving one!!! This recipe does look delicious just like the picture of the slice you have! What a wonderful thing to post on right now.
Leslie recently posted..Thanksgiving Excitement!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Mmmmmmmm. This is gorgeous!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Pie
capturing joy with kristen duke says
sounds delicious! i love pecan pie!