We are starting off I LOVE PUMPKIN week with a bang! A super easy bread pudding that is delicious as dessert, but could make a mighty fine breakfast as well. And did I mention that I topped it with biscoff sauce…oh yes, I did.
I have, in the past, tried to make a bread pudding and the recipe included a water bath and all that jazz…well, I did something wrong there because it didn’t turn out well at all. And I haven’t tried again since. But I will try just about anything in the name of pumpkin! This was super easy, no water bath, no worries – just an unbelievably wonderful new way to enjoy pumpkin.
- 6 Tablespoons BUTTER
- 5 cups DAY OLD FRENCH BREAD cubed
- 3/4 cup PUMPKIN PUREE
- 2 EGGS
- 1 EGG YOLK
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/2 teaspoon GROUND GINGER
- 1/8 teaspoon GROUND ALLSPICE
- pinch GROUND CLOVES
- 1/4 cup CORN SYRUP
- 2 Tablespoons SUGAR
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 2 Tablespoons BUTTER
- 1/2 cup BISCOFF SPREAD
- Turn oven to 350°. While oven is heating, place 6 Tablespoons butter in 8x8 or 2 quart baking dish. Put in oven to melt butter.
- When it has melted, remove the dish from the oven and add the cubed bread. Stir well to ensure bread is evenly coated.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over bread in dish and stir again to coat all of the bread.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is set. Serve warm topped with biscoff sauce.
- To make sauce: Heat corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add biscoff spread, stir well. Keep warm until serving.
Recipe Source: for bread pudding – Smitten Kitchen
This post is linked to Ingredient Spotlight
I’m not seeing a recipe. Is there one for the pumpkin bread pudding?
Yes! Sorry about that, I’ve got it fixed now. Thanks for letting me know 😉
Wondering if I am missing something…I see butter at the bottom of the ingredient list for the sauce but the recipe calls for butter in the 8×8 pan with the bread and I don’t know the measurement. ???????
Yes Maryann…there was a typo in the recipe, but I’ve fixed it now. Thanks for letting us know!