This is a special occasion dish. Something you make when you feel like splurging or you want to celebrate something. It’s not something I make very often, which makes it taste that much better when I do make it. I’ve made this several times over the past couple of years, but I’ve never taken the time to get a picture of it…until now.
So, what you need to know about this dish is…that it’s comfort food at it’s finest (pasta, bacon, parmesan cheese) and is downright amazing. It never disappoints and is best served with garlic rolls (or rosemary focaccia from the store, if necessary). Don’t delay in making this the next time you’ve got a date night at home planned…this is totally perfect for that scenario.
- 2 EGGS
- 1/4 cup HEAVY CREAM
- 1/3 cup PARMESAN CHEESE, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup FRESH PARSLEY, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon RED PEPPER FLAKES (or less if you don't care for the heat)
- 1/2 lb. BACON, chopped
- 1/2 cup CHOPPED ONION
- 5 MUSHROOMS, sliced
- 1/2 lb. PASTA
- Bring water to a boil for the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, beat together eggs, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and red pepper in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry chopped bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon grease, add onion and mushrooms to the pan. Saute until tender.
- Put drained pasta back in the pan, add onions and mushrooms. Pour cream mixture over top of pasta and toss together, stirring over low heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add bacon, stir on distribute and serve immediately.
Printed from Crumbs and Chaos (www.crumbsandchaos.net)
Recipe Source: Get Off Your Butt and Bake
You may find us linking up at Show & Tell, Back For Seconds Social, Weekend Potluck as well as any of these fabulous parties and Ingredient Spotlight!
[…] (Crumbs and Chaos) shared this fantastic comfort food–Bacon Carbonara. I'm […]