Yep, that’s right. Have your donut with bacon…pretty genius really. I almost want to call these the ‘Pancakes and Bacon’ donut. For as long as I can remember, if I have pancakes and bacon together I end up dipping the bacon in the syrup. That’s what these donuts remind me of – sweet and salty all the way.
I hope you’re enjoying this donut week – Nutella Swirl and Cinnamon Sugar – make sure you stop by on Friday and check out our sweet little donut giveaway!
Don’t have a donut pan? You need to invest – check them out here !
(Baked) Maple Bacon Donuts
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 3/4 cup SUGAR
- 2 teaspoons BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 teaspoon NUTMEG
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- 3/4 cup BUTTERMILK
- 2 EGGS
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1/8 teaspoon MAPLE EXTRACT (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons MELTED BUTTER
- 1-1 1/2 cups POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 Tablespoon HOT WATER
- 1/4 cup MAPLE SYRUP
- 3 slices BACON, cooked and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 2 donut pans well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, extracts, melted butter. Mix well. Put about 2 Tablespoons of batter into each donut well (you can use a baggie or piping bag to make it easy).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool before glazing.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, hot water and maple syrup (use as much powdered sugar as you want to get your desired consistency). Dip donuts in the glaze, let set a few minutes and dip again. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and serve.
Printed from Crumbs and Chaos (www.crumbsandchaos.net)
Recipe Source: Adapted from Jo Cooks
More donut goodness:
You can find us linking up Chic & Crafty Party, Weekend Potluck, Sweet Tooth Friday and HERE and Ingredient Spotlight!
I love maple bacon donuts. Gorgeous!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel says
I thought of Aimee ^ when I saw these! Maple + bacon works SO well together–I think of pancakes or waffles and bacon every single time.
These look phenomenal!
Mal @ The Chic Geek
Ellen B Cookery says
I am not a fan of donuts, but these really look good. So much so that I’m tempted to try!
Happycolors and Granny Gee... That's Me! says
I am going to have to try some of your wonderful recipes. Your photos are beautiful, also. Granny Gee
OH MY WORD. Must. Buy. Donut. Pan.
Hugs, Tonya from 4 little Fergusons
Saw these over at Weekend Pot Luck and had to come running! I have to get a donut pan, I just have to, I want these! Pinned.
Kim and Julie (Sunflower Supper Club) says
Congrats on being one of the featured recipes from last week’s Weekend Potluck. I think this is genius! I have always loved bacon with my pancakes as well. Can’t wait to see what you bring this week! Have a great weekend. ~Kim