Spread the love
All this week on C&C…we’re bringing you BRUSCHETTA! We love the classic tomato, but there are so many other variations on this appetizer. In fact, today’s version could easy be dessert…or even breakfast!
This was amazingly delicious. Crunchy cinnamon-sweetened bread, a lemony cream cheese layer topped with sweet strawberries – I could have eaten the whole plate. Serve this one up for your sweethearts and prepared to be loved!
Strawberries & Cream Bruschetta
- 1 loaf of FRENCH BREAD, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup BUTTER, melted
- 3 Tablespoons SUGAR
- ½ teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1 LEMON
- 8 oz. CREAM CHEESE, softened
- ¼ cup POWDERED SUGAR
- 16 oz. STRAWBERRIES, hulled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over bread slices. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
- Zest lemon and squeeze 2 teaspoons of juice from it. Add to a bowl, along with cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir together until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto bread slices. Top with strawberries and serve.