It’s time once again for Secret Recipe Club. A club where you are assigned a blog and ‘secretly’ make or bake something from that blog and post about it with other bloggers on a given day.
This month I had the blog, Little Bit of Everything. Julie is a midwesterner, like myself, and enjoys cooking and baking, also like myself. There were a lot of delicious options on her blog, but I settled on cheesecake bars. All the goodness of cheesecake without the fussiness of the springform pan. Did I mention they are topped with toffee bits? So delicious!
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker SUGAR COOKIE MIX
- 1 box (4 serving size) FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING MIX
- 2 Tablespoons PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 cup BUTTER, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons VANILLA
- 2 EGGS plus 3 EGG YOLKS
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks CREAM CHEESE, softened
- 1/2 cup SOUR CREAM
- 1/2 cup SUGAR
- 2/3 cup TOFFEE BITS, finely crushed