Brownie Batter Dip

So you may have seen this recipe floating around the web and pinterest… I originally found it over at Something Swanky and started drooling.  I personally LOVE brownie batter (maybe better than the brownies themselves), so this was a quick sell for me.  After skimming the recipe and seeing that it is fairly simple to put together made it even more enticing.I made it for a Super Bowl party that I was going to and it was a hit!  A dangerous addicting hit! Served with pretzels, everyone loved it!  How could you not???

This would also be delicious served with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or fruit.

Brownie Batter Dip

Ingredients

• 8 oz CREAM CHEESE
  • 1/2 cup BUTTER
  • 2-3 cup POWDERED SUGAR -- varies by desired consistency
  • 5 Tablespoons FLOUR
  • 5 Tablespoons COCOA POWDER
  • 2 Tablespoons BROWN SUGAR
  • 3+ Tablespoons MILK -- varies by desired consistency
  • 1 teaspoon VANILLA

Instructions

1. With a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and the butter. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and 1 tablespoon of milk until combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 1 more tablespoon of milk if needed. Beat until smooth. Add remaining powdered sugar and milk alternately until dip reaches your desired consistency.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
Here are a few more great brownie recipes to drool over:

Comments

1. says

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing. And I definitely want to try cookie dough and cake batter dip as well. Maybe have a party with all 3… yum! Thanks for sharing.

lmld.org

2. says

This looks soooo delicious! Thanks for posting! I am so glad I found your site through the Blog Hop!! I would LOVE to have you link up on my ” Homemade By You” link party tomorrow ( wednesday) and perhaps fall in love with my blog too!

3. Anonymous says

Just made it….seems to be missing something. Can’t put my finger on it. Its def not as dark as the picture. Still good though.

• Anonymous says

I agree…definitely was not what I was hoping for. It tastes mostly like cream cheese. Such a bummer.

4. Anonymous says

Our family loved it! We all love brownie batter, almost more than the brownies and we ate it like mousse! I served it in pretty cups with chocolate chips as a garnish!

5. Anonymous says

Found this on Pintrest. Made it tonight for a lady’s night, everyone brought appy’s, I brought this!!!! I was the star of the night, actually the brownie dip was the star. So good!!! Thank you for sharing.

6. Anonymous says

Thanks for putting your name on your pics. I saw your brownie dip on pinterest, but somehow could not link to you, but I could find you because of your name on your picture. Thanks.

7. says

Oh my Goodness this looks good, for someone who now eats gluten free and that batter used to be my favorite thing to eat, this is something I could make to replace it with…. where is my spoon!

8. Anonymous says

Dear 4Sisters. Saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looks divine! However, I’m concerned about the raw flour in this recipe. Consuming raw flower can be dangerous, as it can and often does contain e-coli bacteria. My father worked in a cookie bakery plant for decades and I learned this a few years ago from him and was very surprised. They routinely had their flour tested for all sorts of things at the factory. (I never knew until he told me that consuming raw dough isn’t frowned upon just because of raw eggs, it’s the potential for e-coli in the flour as well.) There are many articles on this on the web, too. I know the flour is in the recipe to give it the “batter” quality, so maybe you could substitue a crushed up cookie, or something else to obtain the texture you got with the flour addition. Hmmm….just a thought as I’m typing this….what if you “toasted” the flour in the oven first? Or even microwaved it for a few seconds? That would certainly help! Sorry to be a party-pooper, or in this case a brownie-buster! ;) Just thought you should know.

9. Anonymous says

I followed the recipe exactly and I ended up adding about 3 more tablespoons, since it seemed a little sweet to me. I loved it after that. The pretzels were good but I prefer it with apples. I think once it sits in the refrigerator for a bit it will taste so much better. Someone said it would be a good topping to a cupcake or having it like a mousse style. Take and crush oreos and a little butter at the bottom of a dessert dish. pour this over and then put chocolate curls on top. Yummy! I would so do this over and over for parties and little get togethers! 2 thumbs up!!!!-Amanda B.

• Anonymous says

Definitely needs some changing up…maybe use half cream cheese and half marshmallow cream without the butter?! I found it a little too cream cheesey for ‘brownie batter’

10. Anonymous says

Please tell me you are NOT feeding this concoction to your children! Really……cream cheese, sugar, butter???? And serving it with what – maybe cookies? YIKES!

• violettparr says

what’s wrong with cream cheese, sugar and butter? hahaha. I plan on feeding this to my child and she will love me for it. I mean, I wouldn’t give her something like this every day for every meal, but you know, as a treat once in a while, I see no problems. Moderation is a wonderful thing. :)

• Anonymous says

You have to let kids live a little! If not when then they get older the might be more likely to over indulge or go to a friends house and eat tons of sugar. I agree moderation is key!

• Tammie says

Bet you’re a fun Mom. I’m guessing none of us are feeding kids Brownie Batter every morning for breakfast before they head off to school. Ever hear of special occasions? Lighten up :-)

11. Anonymous says

dont dont what the ruckis is about, Lordy…..this is a very occasional perhaps party thing….not an everyday breakfast for kids….for Gods sake lets give our Mothers a lil more credit here

12. says

Wow this dip looks amazing! And I love your whole blog! Please check out my blog: http://sweeetcooker.blogspot.com/
    I was also wondering if you wouldn’t mind mentioning me on your blog? If you want I could mention you on my blog as well. It would me a lot to me because I don’t have many followers or supporters.

13. olivialee says

i have a question on the recipe.. does the coco powder have to be unsweetened or sweetened? and also for the butter and cream cheese what is the best temperature for them. room temp?

14. Anonymous says

I made this for a party over the weekend. I can’t say that it really tastes like brownie batter. Reminds me more of chocolate frosting (which is still yummy!) Great with pretzels even better with strawberries!

15. says

I made this tonight for my work potluck tomorrow. Not 100% brownie batter but it is still good! I am not one for liking cream cheese but I tried it and liked it! My friends cant wait to try it!

16. Jana says

I made this for my friends baby shower and it was a hit! Lots of people asked me for the recipe! I told them I found it on Pinterest! :-)

17. Melissa says

Add about a quarter of a cup of peanut butter and be light-handed with the sugar. This will cure PMS! :)

18. says

I am planning on making this for a party on Friday. I can’t wait, sounds amazing. I hope you don’t mind if I reblog on my site after I taste this chocolate dip.

Trackbacks