I originally saw this bread months ago when I first signed up for Stumbleupon. It was immediately given a thumbs-up and has never been forgotten. When I saw it again this past weekend on Pinterest, I knew that I had to make it IMMEDIATELY. I was not disappointed!
Having made bread in the past, the process was not new to me. However, I did find that this particular recipe was easy follow and make. And as I was rolling the dough out I found myself thinking that this was possibly the best dough I had ever made!
SO if the dough itself was great… imagine how much better it was when the butter, cinnamon, and sugar were added. My house smelled absolutely delicious and I knew that this bread would not last long. It came out of the oven around 3 pm and it was half gone before my husband came home from work. The rest was gone by breakfast the next day! In other words…. it was gone in less than 24 hours!
For the Dough:
- 2 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted until browned