These cookies are to die for! I recently saw them here on iowagirleats.com I made them for our Monday night dinner group and they received rave reviews. I am sure you will enjoy them too. Here is the recipe:
1 Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
3 T. vegetable oil
1 T. water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, stirl cookie mix, oil, water, and egg until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets and place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter uncovered on high 1 – 1.5 minutes; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; set aside. Place 12 cooled cookies in large bowl. Pour 1/3 of chocolate mixture over cookies in bowl. Using rubber spatula, toss cookies gently to coat. Place cookies in bag with powdered sugar; seal bag. Gently turn bag to coat cookies. Remove cookies from bag to cooling rack to set. Repeat with 12 more cookies and 1/2 of remaining chocolate mixture; repeat again until all cookies are coated, adding additional powdered sugar to bag as needed.
This recipe was originally adapted from the Betty Crocker website.