Follow these simple tips to get your family moving. Starting at an early age kids learn the importance of getting exercise and staying healthy. Here are a few fun and easy ways to move more with your family.
– Schedule time for outdoor activities. The more you move as a family the better you will feel. Simple activites such as playing tag or catch can get the family moving and connected.
– Teach your family the importance of getting exercise when they can. Whether it is taking a walk around the block after dinner or taking the stairs instead of an elevator when possible. This encourages your family to move even more.
– Make it fun. Plan a family night at a park or skating rink.
– Walk to school with your kids.
– Sign up for a family walk/run. You can usually find these in your community for various fundraisers or events.
– Take healthy snacks when you are at the park to give your family the energy they need to play.